Last night, the newly constituted Hornsey and Friern Barnet Conservative Association - comprising much of the previous Hornsey and Wood Green Association and part of the old Tottenham constituency - held its first AGM at the Highgate Society. The Association expressed its gratitude to Ben Obese-Jecty, who is standing down as Chairman after two years in the role following his selection as Prospective Parliamentary Candidate for Huntingdon, and to Julian Sherwood, who is standing down as Treasurer after holding the role, over several stints, for much of the past 35 years.
The members elected the following Officers for the coming year:
- President: Julian Sherwood
- Chairman: Shanuk Mediwaka
- Deputy Chairman (Political): Suraj Bhanot
- Deputy Chairman (Membership): Loretta Mahmud
- Treasurer: James Cartwright
- Other Officers: Eva Carr; John Blandos; Elliot Hammer